Radeon dual monitor config with YDL 3.0?

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 20 08:59:15 2003

Hi Justin, hi all!

I have quite a similar problem btw.

I installed YDL 3.0 on an G4 500 upgraded PowerMac G3 DT beige that is
equipped with an ATI Radeon PCI 32 MB graphics adapter.

Linux begins booting on the Radeon then switches over to the internal
video and boots from it until the shell has started.

When I startx then it switches to the Radeon again and runs X from the
Radeon. The internal video screen goes black.

OK. In runlevel 5 I can boot into X directly and so I am back on the
Radeon but when I want to switch to a console I am on the internal video
again...

I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE INTERNAL VIDEO!

Does anybody know what parameters have to be passed to the kernel to
prevent "him" from using the internal video?

Thomas