printing (still)

Cynthia Croy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 20 17:37:01 2003

Aurel Wisse wrote:

>A follow-up to the previous post. A google search on
>"LaserWriter 310" brought this one up as the first
>link:
>http://www.gubbe.ch/linux/dev-lw310.php
>
>Now, *don't copy this printcap*, but the first line
>shows you how to alias different names to the same
>printer (use | to separate the names).

I've been here - even corresponded with the author of the page, and it
helped significantly. He even sent me a postscript level one file to cat
to the port. But he seems to be very busy and hasn't replied to my last
email to work through my remaining problems.

>You can also see in the example that you need the
>magicfilter entry (mf_wrapper in ydl) in order to sent
>text files to postscript.
>
>--- Aurel Wisse <aurel_wisse@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Try to copy the last line
>>
>>>    :if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper:
>>>
>>as the last line of LaserWriter_310 (with the
>>spaces)
>>and relaunch lpd.

I'll try this and let you know what happens.

>>Question: why do you have three entries for the same
>>printer? If I remember correctly, there is an
>>aliasiing possibility in printcap (look at man
>>printcap).

I have three entries for the same printer because they are different
configurations (ppd's for the NT or 360). When I find something that
works I'll delete all but the one that works.

Thanks!

Cindy