damaged YDL 3 installation

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 20 22:55:01 2003

Hi Mark,

On Tue May 20 2003, Mark Jaffe wrote:

> I had a working YDL 3.0 installed on my Pismo last week. As I was working
> on it, with the power cord disconnected, the power indicator showed almost
> a full charge. But then it abruptly went into sleep and when I reattached
> the power cord, it would not awake and I was forced to reboot. Since then,
> I have not been able to boot to YDL; it displays the boot line ending in
> /boot/vmlinux-2.24.20-8d: Input/output error.
>
> Does this mean a full install? I can boot into OS X (Jaguar 10.2.6 and 9.2.2)

A couple of suggestions:

	1.  Remove all power (battery and power cord) for a short
	    while, then restore power source, and try to boot again.
	    I have seen certain hardware controllers get wedged and
	    this sometimes is sufficient to clear up the problem.

	2.  Boot from YDL rescue CD and fsck your root partition.
	    You may also need to re-run ybin.

Hopefully you do not need to do a full re-install.  This isn't normally
necessary.

						-Hope this helps

						-Bill