yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #854 - 11 msgs

Sergio Valdes-Flores yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 21 07:30:40 2003

--Apple-Mail-4-54698069

Ok, Matthias, I did the install YOUR WAY, i know from source is never
cleaner, because you can't use apt or the other guy for keeping your
system up-to-date on anything you do by hand...then you really have to
become a guru in VERSIONING...and that to me is a waste of time...I
don't do linux for a living ;-)
the codec problem is baffling...because you download your xine related
rpms and it comes with which codexes ????? (like i said I dont know
enough)
I don't get the video in the enterthe matrix trailer that Bill is
talking about.
I downloaded that same video that's he 's been using all along in this
list for the example
downloaded all that rpm xine stuff
I got the xine window to open
blah blah, i got the controller window to open and I am also able to
move it about on the screen and get it out of the way of the movie
window
but basically...if I was able to install xine from the rpms and thus NO
ERROR MESSAGES, meaning I fullfilled all the dependencies, in fact I
had to download glutt, which Bill didnt mention..in order to get
dependencies met.
now GUIDE me, which mov's can I play, and where can I download them
from?
that 320 enterthematrix trailer is useless it won't run and make the
xine crasch on a Pismo powerbook.
Sergio