YDL-3.0: stock kernels lack NVIDIA GeForce framebuffer support

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 21 10:14:01 2003

In a previous posting to the list I asked:

     Is there anyone  out there who is running YDL-3.0 who has XF86
     working
     with a 22"LCD display and a NVIDIA GeForce 2MX?  If so,
     please tell
     how?

I checked the config file for the stock kernels and discovered in the
framebuffer section that CONFIG_FB_RIVA was not set.  The absence of the
requisite framebuffer support would explain why I was seeing garbage on
the screen when running XF86.

-Joseph

--
                                  ---