Installing mplayer using apt -something is very off in the update of rpm sources from ayo.freshrpms.net

Sergio Valdes-Flores yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 22:04:01 2003

No Mathias, sorry ... couldn't capture or redirect the output of
apt-get upgrade
too many, way too many dependencies unmet
so instead of trying to fix it through apt-get
tried yum...and I am still at it late tonite..but it seems to be
working MUCH better..
slower, needs to put into cache directories the headers one by
one...and it is slower system
but it is working...
so, in my second machine (identical, 2 powerbook pismos) I did the
mplayer install
just like you and when i did the apt-get upgrade
which u didnt do after you did all of what you telling us here
the unmet dependencies by the boat load have shown up...
but I didnt try apt-get -f ...this is what killed the machine
(yesterday, one of them)
G*D forbit I make the mistake again
no no
YUM, that is it...now I know which is the lexus and which is the yugo.
forget about it...YUM is it.
Sergio