VDQ : upgrade 3.0 -- which way?

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 26 10:13:01 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003 09:22:03 -0600 (MDT) chip <chip@powermmv.com>
lucidly advised me:

> Beartooth -
> man yum

	OK -- lots more comprehensible than most man pages, to me at
least (though I dunno if I quite understand "glob" in the sense here ...

> In short -
> yum update

	OK; that gave me a great huge whacking long list, including at
least a few entries (probably lots!) that I didn't install and don't
want. I crufted up one whole 20GB drive taking stuff from RHN that I
didn't need nor use, and I have only 25GB for YDL; I don't want to go
that way again.

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
FREE at last: Retired to the Mountains, No Mortgage