"making ydl rich"

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 26 20:49:01 2003

For what it's worth, continuing the analysis I started a while ago,
the marginal cost of providing a YDL.net/enhanced subscription is
quite small.  It mostly consists of providing you with the promised
installation support, should you happen to need it.  Most
YDL.net/enhanced users won't need it.

The up-front costs of the program are not huge either: take a
couple of machines out of inventory, load some software on them,
and connect them to the Internet.

There's a lot more more to it than that, of course. Nevertheless, I
suspect that at the end of the day the best way to funnel money to
the YDL developers is to buy a YDL.net/enhanced membership.  And
that's why they started the program. And that's why I joined up the
first week it became available.

Dan, please correct me if I'm wrong!  If YDL.net/enhanced is
turning out to be an expensive boondoggle for you folks, I don't
want to be seen as encouraging people to join up just so they can
cost you money.

Rick