VDQ : upgrade 3.0 -- which way?

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 26 07:50:01 2003

	My hard copy seems to envision my doing apt-get update and
apt-get upgrade as soon as 3.0 is installed; but I seem to recall some
discussion here to the effect that something called yum is preferable
now.

	Unfortunately, that discussion was way beyond my still very
rudimentary grasp of linux. The only thing I know about yum is how to
spell it -- and that vague recollection. Is it accurate? I.e., do I
understand aright that it's what I should use?

	If so, where do I learn how??

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
FREE at last: Retired to the Mountains, No Mortgage