YDL 3.0: OpenOffice "copy/paste" does not work

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 27 00:24:19 2003

Hello,

I installed YDL 3.0 on my G3 powerbook last week. I had previously been
running YDL 2.3. Everything seemed to go fine, but I'm now having the
strangest problem with all the OpenOffice programs: the "paste" command is
never enabled.

No matter if I issue the "copy" command using Ctrl-C, using the tool bar icon
or using the menu, the "paste" command is never available in the menu, the
paste tool bar icon never gets "un-grayed", and Ctrl-V never does anything.

I did a clean re-install of 3.0 (I re-partitioned and re-formatted every
partition), so it's not an upgrade issue, nor is it a problem with "stale"
config files, as I have not yet copied any of my old home directory files
back onto the computer.

Has anyone else seen this, and does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks, Andy