Wine package for YDL 3?

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 27 01:03:01 2003

On Mon May 26 2003, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Mike Arends wrote:
>
> > Any package available and where to find it? (Tried rpmfind)
>
> I don't think it's possible. Wine is not an emulator, it's a set of windows
> API (application program interface) routines that make linux look like
> windows.
>
> What is does not do is emulate the X86 instruction set on a PPC.

I believe there is a package called qemu that allows one to run x86
Linux programs on other architectures such as PPC.  One such x86 Linux
program that you could then run would be wine.

Another possibility would be bochs, which is another Windows emulator
that may be able to run on PPC Linux.

I haven't tried either of these myself, although the first is somewhat
intriguing.

						-Bill

P.S.  I do not believe recent versions of Virtual PC will work in
      MOL anymore.