"Guide to Installation" my foot!

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 27 00:25:04 2003

How would one go about doing this? To the best of my knowledge, yum is
not installed by default on YDL 2.3, and has some requirements that
make installing it a pain. Could someone please provide for me and
others a step-by-step guide to upgrading from YDL 2.3 to 3.0, INCLUDING
installing yum or any other programs necessary? I've seen this question
come up a number of times, and not everyone knows that you can't use
apt or yup anymore, but that yum is (for now) the way to go. Why do I
get the sense that to upgrade to 3.1, we'll need to use apy, and yum
will no longer work? Thanks!