OS X 10.2.8 upgrade: my YDL 3 can't boot

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Nov 3 01:15:01 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 12:38, Tim Seufert wrote:
> As far as updating MacOS X... geez guys, I think you are overreacting a
> little bit.  Everybody has a bad release now and then.

Of course. I must say that on my G4 "Quicksilver" I had little trouble. Not
the same on my iBook were new updates regularly screw up important things,
such as the combo drive no mor writing or even no more reading discs with
some release. The worse was that with these release of MacOS X installed YDL
would also have the reading problem (?!?).

And I've never seen anything about these problems from Apple, only on the
mailing lists.
My complain is that as Apple is closed source, and installs only on hardware
known to them, they should not release bugged updates. 10.0.x could not even
correctly connect to a network and they charged for the upgrade tp 10.1 that
was maybe the first "non-beta" OS X. I don't see the point in Apple having an
update every three weeks any many of them buggy and would do better with
really proof updates every six month.

Thierry

--
Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.