GUI Installation Problem

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 6 12:45:01 2003

Yeah, install Mandrake PPC instead ;)  Just kidding, the problem is
your video card is not supported.  There's a petition going around
for Nvidia to release the source, good luck.  I believe you can
install it using the fbdev driver but you'll be limited to number of
colors and screen resolutions.
try this for video:

install video=fbdev:vmode:14

or

install-text video=fbdev:vmode:14

Try 14 vmode first, then work your way down.....

VMODE

vmode refers to both the screen size in pixels (horizontal x
vertical)
and the refresh rate (in Hz).

vmode   size(pixels)    refresh         notes
-----   ------------    -------         -----
1       512 x 384       60 Hz           Interlaced NTSC
2       512 x 384       60 Hz
3       640 x 480       50 Hz           Interlaced PAL
4       640 x 480       60 Hz           Interlaced NTSC
5       640 x 480       60 Hz
6       640 x 480       67 Hz
7       640 x 870       75 Hz           Portrait
8       768 x 576       50 Hz           Interlaced PAL
9       800 x 600       56 Hz
10      800 x 600       60 Hz
11      800 x 600       72 Hz
12      800 x 600       75 Hz