3.0.1 kudzu and Firewire

Charles Trois yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 20 10:52:02 2003

le 14/11/03 20:01, Dan Burcaw a =E9crit=A0:

> Use 3.0.1's 2.4.22-2f, and the kudzu issues should be resolved. We
> brought current ieee1394 into our kernel tree (based on ben2) and things
> seem fine.

I am sorry to report that I have had no success. I looked at 2.4.22-2f and
found that I could not use it, because it provides no support for PPPoATM
and the Speedtouch USB modem, which I need. So I kept to 2.4.22-ben2 and
edited its .config to make sure that it had the same support for Firewire
and USB that is in 2.4.22-2f.

Yet, after that,  kudzu still does not work, I have the same hardware
detection problem and my printer does not work either.

My machine is a 15" LCD iMac.

Charles