IntelliJ Idea installation

Kristian T. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Nov 23 09:26:02 2003

Hi all.

I'm trying to install (the brilliant) Java IDE: Idea 3.0.5 from IntelliJ. I
have used it before, but that was version 2.6 on YDL 2.3.

I have downloaded the Linux/generic Unix installer file, and I have the
following info on the file:

   [kristian@localhost kristian]$ file idea-3.0.5v2.bin
   idea-3.0.5v2.bin: Bourne shell script text executable

But when I try to launch it - I get this:

   [kristian@localhost kristian]$ sudo ./idea-3.0.5v2.bin
   Password:
   Preparing to install...
   Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
   Unpacking the JRE...
   Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
   Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
   cat: /etc/redhat-release: No such file or directory

   Launching installer...

   ./idea-3.0.5v2.bin: line 1: /tmp/install.dir.
17242/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: cannot execute binary file

Any suggestions how I this installer going?

Sincerely
Kristian T.