serial port?

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 25 06:11:03 2003

If you're using straight serial, it ought to be: /dev/ttyS0
If you're using one of those USB to serial adapters then it will be:
/dev/ttyUSB0

Hmmm.. Don't know about ADB.

As for getting it to sync properly, it's been about a year since I've
used my Palm, at the time J-Pilot was far more reliable for me than
Evolution (using gnome-pilot) or KPilot (which always seemed to almost
work.)

Good luck, and watch out for ownership/permissions on the devices.  The
tty**** ports are typically owned by root, you can chmod, chown or look
at the X login scripts to set these up properly.

Ben