YDL and iBook G4

Dan Burcaw yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Nov 26 21:19:02 2003

> - support for the Radeon 9200 still seems a problem (I read about the cvs
> version of Xfree supporting it, but I^m no cvs expert).

Very true.  Most of the problem is with radeonfb, the kernel video
driver for Radeon hardware.  It doesn't yet properly support the iBook
G4 video. Once it does, at least 'fbdev' X driver will work.

> I also noticed there were new versions of 3.01 on ydl.net but failed to find
> *any* description of what changed.

Nothing changed for iBook G4.  Mostly a Panther compatibility fix in the
installer.

The good news is, I know have a iBook G4, so support should come fairly
soon.