CD / DVD Writer

John Kebbel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 27 08:07:01 2003

	I had no success deciphering the gtoaster configuration program with my
external Iomega Zip 650 CD Writer on my original iMac running YDL 3.0.
	I bought and am having to return an external Iomega CD-RW 52*24*52 (it
came with the wrong power cord). My logic for buying it was that newer
hardware could be read more easily by the iMac.
	Since I've got to take the CD/Writer back anyway,  I'm thinking about
going in the direction of an external DVD/CD Writer/Player. I haven't
noticed anything about DVDs in my weekly scans of the KDE Menu to
familiarize myself with KDE. Would it be possible to configure my iMac
to Read/Write CDs and read DVDs. (I don't have the video tools or any
interest in writing DVDs.)