building kernel 2.6 on ppc/powerbook

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Nov 29 03:22:03 2003

Hi,

I'd like to try out kernel 2.6 (test11) on my powerbook, but i don't know how to
go about this the best way. For x86/redhat/fedora there's a webpage by arjanv
from redhat with the latest rpms etc. For ppc, i've seen mention of a 2.6-benh
kernel (benh adds ppc specific patches to the standard kernel source, right?)
but i haven't found a site where i can download a tarball.

Can i also use the standard kernel.org source? Are there any specific PPC
related issues i should be aware of?

Is YDL going to make test rpms of 2.6 anytime soon? Seems like a good idea to
get as much testing done as possible at this stage.

Thanks,

Jeroen

YDL.net - The online community for Yellow Dog Linux users