special caracters on german keyboard

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 13:39:01 2003

Alexander, Lukas, and Friends:

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 02:10  PM, Alexander Holst wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 12:06, Lukas M=FCller wrote:
>> thanks very much for your help and information, i appreciate it. the =
@
>> is now no problem, as well as |. but its really wired, the "{ } [,],"
>> doesnt work. how do you access them on your keyboard? i used fn-alt-8
>> for { as an example on OSX but it doesnt work on YDL.

Apropos of this discussion, I stumbled across this Web page with a nice=20=

GUI utility called XKeyCaps that has been modified for the PowerBook by=20=

M. Grimm:

<http://www.cymes.de/members/joker/index.html>

 =46rom the Web page, "XKeyCaps is a keymap editor for the X window=20
system. It was written and is maintained by Jamie Zawinski and he said=20=

of this programm: 'A program so good that you only have to use it=20
once.'"

Maybe this will help (I have never used it, so I cannot comment on its=20=

actual utility).

Best wishes,
Clint

--=20
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT=20=

net>