Mounting a second HDD, Still.....

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 14:07:00 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 15:31, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> Macs-R-Us-snake:

> Shouldn't that be "/dev/sdb"? "sda" is your internal SCSI drive and
> "sdb" would be your second drive. Try something like that.
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint

Nope. Since My 30GB Maxtor died on me, I dusted off the original 1.2 GB
that came with my machine back in the stone age.
I can't figure this one out. From all I've read, this shouldn't be this
difficult.

I have the 1.2 GB and CD ROM on the internal SCSI chain with an 80 GB
Deskstar on an ATA card. YDL and OS9.1 on the 80 GB, blank 1.2 GB and,
since I sent my floppy off to college, a CD R/W waiting for me to knock
down a wall or two so that it can move in.

my full pdisk list as of now looks like this:

	Blank SCSI Disk:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/sda'
 #:                type name             length   base    ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                63 @ 1
 2:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh            54 @ 64
 3:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh            74 @ 118
 4:  Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh           512 @ 192
 5:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition     512 @ 704
 6:           Apple_HFS "stiffy"        2133072 @ 1216    (  1.0G)
 7:          Apple_Free Extra                 7 @ 2134288

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=2134304 (1.0G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1:  23 @ 64, type=0x1
2:  36 @ 118, type=0xffff

	ATA Disk w/ 9.1 and YDL:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/hde'
 #:                type name               length   base      ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                  63 @ 1
 2:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh              54 @ 64
 3:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh              74 @ 118
 4:  Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh             512 @ 192
 5:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition       512 @ 704
 6:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap               655360 @ 1216      (320.0M)
 7:           Apple_HFS "bobo"           20480000 @ 139265216 (  9.8G)
 8:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 untitled        138608640 @ 656576    ( 66.1G)
 9:          Apple_Free Extra             1091264 @ 159745216 (532.8M)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=160836479 (76.7G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1:  23 @ 64, type=0x1
2:  36 @ 118, type=0xffff

	Scsi CD ROM:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/scd0'
 #:                type name                            length   base
( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map MRKS                                 2 @ 1
 2:           Apple_HFS Toast 5.0.2 HFS+/Joliet Builder 688288 @ 396
(336.1M)

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=688684 (336.3M)
DeviceType=0x1, DeviceId=0x1
 From Everything I've read thus far, this shouldn't be this difficult
Thanks

                               Bossa Nova