Mounting a second HDD, Still.....

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 14:42:00 2003

Ma=F1ana-snake:

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 01:47  PM, mascarasnake wrote:
> mount /mnt/macos
> 	and
> mount -t hfs /dev/sda /mnt/macos
>
> and I receive:
> mount: mount point /mnt macos does not exists

(Unfortunately, I don't have my Linux Cheat book here with me, now.)=20
Before doing the "mount," I think you have to create a new directory=20
for the device to mount to (I know, it makes no sense -- this is=20
Linux). I *think* the command is something like "mkdir /mnt/macos", but=20=

you should look it up. Have you done that, yet?

> If I go to the KickDog and open Info Center, It is detected there, and=20=

> I can force it to mount, but it appears as a mirror to the drive I=20
> have linux on. It then refuses to unmount and crashes the system,=20
> forcing me to reboot to access in anything but safe mode.

Make sure the drive is *not* simultaneously mounted in MOL (go to MOL=20
and drag the icon to the Trash).

> 6:           Apple_HFS "stiffy"        2133072 @ 1216    (  1.0G)

Since "stiffy" (grin) is sda6, try:

[root]# mount -t hfs /dev/sda6 /mnt/macos

Does this help?

Best wishes,
Clint

--=20
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT=20=

net>