Installing YDL 3.0 w/o installer from YDL 2.3?

Dr. Robert M. Fuhrer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 19:17:01 2003

I'd like to install YDL 3.0 on a fresh set of partitions
so as not to overwrite my YDL 2.3 install.

I've tried running the installer from BootX and the supplied
ramdisk image, but:

  - the graphical installer dies with either an X server crash
    or kernel oops at random spots before the install completes

  - the text installer sets up a bogus keymap that makes the
    keyboard all but unusable, and it doesn't recognize the
    install CD

So, is there a way to run the installer from within a working
YDL 2.3 install?

  - Bob

Dr. Robert M. Fuhrer
rfuhrer@ba-dsg.net