OS X 10.2.8 causing problems for YDL 3.0?

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 17:52:01 2003

>  > I installed 10.2.8 on my 2001 Ibook (12") two days ago and have
>>  had no problems with YDL 3.0 since then.  I've got OS9,OSX and
>>  YDL on different partitions.
>>
>Consider yourself lucky. There are definitely problems with 10.2.8 as Apple
>pulled the update from its site. I talked to an Apple tech and they have no
>idea what could be causing the trouble I reported. They advised me to do a
>complete reinstall (ugh!), and that's what I'm going to do.

Well, my story is that I ran several 10.2.7 beta builds on my iBook
Nov 2002, and the first 10.2.8 beta build, all perfectly compatible
with YDL3 booting.

Operation and dual-booting was so trouble-free that as soon as the
10.2.8 release came out, I installed it (with no obvious problems,
including no problem with the ethernet, as was widely publicized).
Then Apple pulled it. I had had no occasion to boot to YDL until I
saw the note on the web site not to do it (lovely).

So I just tried booting YDL with 10.2.8 installed, and surprise, had
no problem, EXCEPT:

No networking; YDL will not recognize either my ethernet nor my
airport interfaces at boot (boot messages show error). ifconfig shows
the ethernet interface but no network addresses assigned to it. The
airport interface is missing entirely from ifconfig. Needless to say,
both were working fine on OSX and YDL, even with the beta 10.2.8
having been installed.

Anyone else see this with 10.2.8: YDL boot but no network interfaces?

How about Panther - anyone see YDL3 incompatibilities with a Panther
beta install? I'm jonesin' to get the Panther speed boost anyway,
just hate that 3-CD segmented download...

Stefan Jeglinski