yum armagetron broken?

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 3 03:13:01 2003

Greg Hamilton wrote :

> I can't install the game armagetron. Does anybody understand this error?
>
> $ sudo yum install armagetron
> <snip>
> Resolving dependencies
> .package armagetron needs BEGIN_RIM (not provided)

Wow, that is weird :-)
I don't actually test the packages I build for ppc, as the Mac I have and
build on is an old beige G3 sitting in a corner with no screen (anyone want
to sponsor a G4 Powerbook? ;-)), so I rely on how things go on x86, and
they're always a risk of getting bitten by ppc specific problems...

Seems like that automatic dependency got in only on the ppc build. Could
you try downloading the package and installing it with --nodeps in order to
confirm that the game still runs ok? If so, I'll then check where that
dependency comes from, and either fix it or filter it out.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 0.94 (Severn) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.04 0.18 0.27