Software from Install CD?

Alan Waterfall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 6 05:34:12 2003

Dear All,
I have posted on the newbie list to no avail. Can anyone tell me if it is
possible to install further software from the install cd's using yum or
apt-get? If so how do I first get a list of the available packages their
names and functions. How do I stop yum.conf kicking in and looking for an
ftp address rather than the local cd. What do I exactly type in

My disc failed on kde install so I only installed gnome. I would like to
install kde at least. Trying yum install kde connects me to YDL but after 2
hours of header "getting", I get a mesage saying cannot find kde.

I would be grateful for any help.

Alan Waterfall