How do I share DSL from my YD Linux computer?

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 6 16:00:01 2003

The best way is not to use your big/expensive computer as a router at
all.  Instead get a special made
"broadband-router/Network-Address-Translator/firewall" box from Linksys
or SMC or any of a half dozen other companies.

They are easily configured via a web interface, talk PPPoE or whatever
your broadband modem requires, provide your in-house LAN with DHCP and
DNS service on a private IP range, and protect you from nasty crackers,
all in one little box.

For sale on the web for under $50.

Email me off-line if you need more info.

Rick