How do I share DSL from my YD Linux computer?

Michael Baer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 8 10:33:01 2003

    Clinton> Jorge, Rick, and Chris: Thanks for your answers to my
    Clinton> question:

    >> On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 14:05, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
    >>> How can I share my DSL connection, using my Yellow Dog Linux
    >>> machine (a Wallstreet PowerBook G3 Series) as a router?

    It's not to hard to do, especially if you have an extra machine (I
    used an old 486 for quite a while for NAT/DHCP). A good place to
    start would be this HOWTO, it is a little outdated. I'm not sure
    if it uses iptables for instance, but it should give a good
    start:
    http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Home-Network-mini-HOWTO.html

    Or maybe start here, this one looks more up to date (iptables/RH9):
    http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialIptablesNetworkGateway.html

hope this helps
Mike

--