How to uninstall portions of YDL?

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 9 17:51:01 2003

Use yum. The man page explains what it is and how to use it.

If you haven't used it before then the first thing to do is upgrade yum
itself.

As root:

$ yum upgrade yum

Some handy and things you can do now

$ yum list
$ yum list installed
$ yum install [package_name]
$ yum remove [package_name]
$ yum uprade [package_name]

etc.

Whole bunch of other good package management stuff too.

Greg