cups and ydl 3.0.1

Donu Arapura yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 13 14:43:01 2003

Dear List,

  I'm in the process of installing Yellodog 3.0.1
on my G4 (AGP 450/ 448 MB/ dual hard drives).
Since I've been using linux for a number of
years, I just bought the cd's sans manual and
support.

I think I have most things sort out including
known problems with the cdrom. But I'm totally
stumped trying to get my printer, a Samsung  ML-1710 usb,
to work. I should point that I had this working
under Ydl 2.2 a couple of days ago, and it works
find under MacOS9 now, so I don't think it's a
hardware issue.

If I go to http://localhost:631/
and try and print a test page nothing
happens. Trying to do an "lpr" from
the command line doesn't work either.
Checking the status using
http://localhost:631/printers/lp?which_jobs=completed,
reports that these jobs were aborted.

When I try to restart cups by hand I get
the following error message:

[root@topos root]# /sbin/service cups restart
Stopping cups:                                             [  OK  ]
Starting cups: Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/printconf-backend", line 7, in ?
     import backend
   File "/usr/share/printconf/util/backend.py", line 48, in ?
     which = cups_import.which_spooler ()
   File "/usr/share/printconf/util/cups_import.py", line 191, in
which_spooler
     which = l.split ('.')[1].strip ()
IndexError: list index out of range
                                                            [  OK  ]

Is this known issue, or is just my setup? Any thoughts
about what to try next?

Thanks in advance,

Donu