12" Power Book how to get an @ sign??

Alexander Holst yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 14 04:43:01 2003

Am Montag, 13.10.03, um 20:01 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com:

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:31:47 +0200
> From: Christoph Bosshard <chboss@hispeed.ch>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: 12" Power Book how to get an @ sign??
>
> Hello List
>
> Got my 1Ghz 12" Power book to work nicely....
>
> The only problem left is that I can not e-mail since I can't find the @
> sign on my keyboard.
> On OsX the @ is mapped to alt+G...
> Any hints about keyboard configuration or the buttons I need to press
> are appreciated!
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 10
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: 12" Power Book how to get an @ sign??
> From: Christopher TESSONE <tessone@polyglut.net>
> Date: 13 Oct 2003 12:55:01 -0500

[ snip ]

> I'm confused.  Does the 12" Powerbook have a wildly different keyboard
> from other Apple laptops?  Why doesn't Shift-2 work?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> --
> Christopher A. Tessone
> Knox College, Galesburg, Illinois
> BA Student, Russian and Mathematics
> http://www.polyglut.net/

Hi Christoph,

reading hispeed dot ch as part of your email address, I assume you
reside in Switzerland have a SwissGerman version of the Powerbook? If
so, Shift-2 will certainly only work if you load the US-keyboard
mapping - which isn't really what you want ;)

Search the list, there has been a thread about exactly this topic a few
days ago, named "special caracters on german keyboard"

Greetings,
Alex

Alexander Holst
Pforzheim University of Applied Sciences
<holst@fh-pforzheim.de>
ph: +49 [0]7231 28-6837
fx: +49 [0]7231 28-6040