YDL 3.0 and Mac OS X.2.8 don't see second HD

Christof Roeyaert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 14 11:30:01 2003

I have a G4/800 quicksilver with a 40Gb and a 80 Gb HD. On the 80 Gb, I have
OS9.2.2. On the 40 gb I had Yellow Dog Linux 3.0, but now I wanted to
partition that HD into a HFS+ partition to install OS X.2 and another for
YDL. So I formatted the 40Gb drive from OS9 (20gb HFS+, 20gb unallocated).
When I installed OS X.2, I couldn't choose the install disk (it only shows
the 20Gb HFS+ partition). I decided to go ahead with the install but when OS
X.2 booted up, it only showed my OS X HD on the desktop (the os9 disk was
nowhere to be seen, which means I couldn't choose OS9 as startup disk
either). I tried installing Linux again, but same thing. Maybe there are
some residual files from the first bootloader install. Does anyone know what
could be the problem ?