PPC vs Intel apps and Kernel Headers

John Van Hoorn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 14 21:37:01 2003

Well, this is some hopeful news.  I wasn't aware of "freeswan" and will =
take
a look.

Regards,

John
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf =
Of
Bjorn van der Meer
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 3:50 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: PPC vs Intel apps and Kernel Headers

Hi Ed,
Yes, you=B4re absolutely right. I have just talked to one other person =
on=20
#yellowdog, his work-around is to run OSX inside Mac-on-Linux and run a =
VPN
client on that.

Looks like using freeswan is the only hope. Judging from compatibility =
lists
like the one on
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.5/doc/compatibility.htm=
l#C
isco
it could possibly work, probably using the user supported =
"superfreeswan"
sources with patches.

There is also a installation hint at=20
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.5/doc/compatibility.htm=
l#y
ellowdog
, albeit for a much older YDL.

I am trying myself now with a "superfreeswan" source package:

ftp://tis.foobar.fi/tis/super-freeswan-1.99.8-2foo.src.rpm

, but I am apparently out of my league, knowledge-wise, so don=B4t hold =
your
breath.

Once again, if someone has succesfully done this....I=B4d be elated to =
hear
from you.

Cheers, Bj=F6rn.