airport config problem

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 17 07:21:01 2003

> I'm running an airport (not extreme) in a "clamshell"
> G3 iBook, in yellow dog 3.0. When I run "ifup eth1" it
> returns "Determining IP information for eth1...
> failed"

<snip>

Howard:

I'm following this thread and wishing you the best.  I have a 12" iBook
with a plain-old airport card.  After months of discussions and contact
with YDL, no soap.  It appears that airport is simply not supported on
some machines.  I've moved my Linux stuff back to an Intel box and
reinstalled OS X on the iBook.  I really want to get YDL to work for me,
but can't do it with major holes like this.  I went with YDL/PPC because I
thought the focused effort on a narrow range of hardware variations would
improve the quality of support over Linux in the Intel world.  Hasn't
worked out that way so far, but I'm waiting patiently.

George