airport config problem

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 17 08:41:01 2003

> Have either of you tried the "other" PPC distro?  Mandrake?  Give it
> a whirl, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised :)
> --- ydl@litenverden.com wrote:

<snip>

Norberto:

Actually, I did try the Mandrake distro.  I could not get X to work with
the iBook's video.  I looked at the info you posted on the wireless help
page.  It's very good for PCMCIA, but I have the internal card.  That's
where the trouble is, I think.  I believe Apple has changed the hardware
in some way and  YDL does not know about it.  I also tried BSD, and it
won't work either.  Since OS X is built on BSD and wireless under OSX
works just fine on my machine, that says there is something smelly in the
hardware department.

Since I only have so much time to spend on this thing, I just bailed out
until YDL gets a bit closer.

George