Other distributions...

Mike Murphree yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 17 08:54:01 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:54:08AM -0700, Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> Have either of you tried the "other" PPC distro?  Mandrake?  Give it
> a whirl, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

It didn't look like they were releasing a 9.2 PPC version this time.
Which brings to mind a question about all/most of the commercial
Linux distributions out there, "Is there an upgrade path without
buying new CDs each time a new "version" is released (didn't appear
so for Mandrake)?  I normally use FreeBSD on my PC which can be
upgraded via CVS and a recompile at any time even though I have a
CD subscription anyway.

Mike