airport config problem

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 17 09:03:01 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 ydl@litenverden.com wrote:

I don't get this, every couple of months someone complains here that
Airport is not working ...

Airport works on YDL since the 1st Airport Cards where made and BENH did
the 1st hack to the kernel ... That is LONG ago.

The fact that you can NOT get it working, won't say it is YDL's problem.
You just need to configure it right.

We know there was a problem on the graphical airport/network config tool.
To get around this, just edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
and put the right stuff in there. Lots of examples all over the place.

Airport works great.

Eddie

Airport on iBook1 with Apple Base Station 1 !