airport config problem

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 17 13:05:00 2003

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 ydl@litenverden.com wrote:
>
> I don't get this, every couple of months someone complains here that
> Airport is not working ...
>
> Airport works on YDL since the 1st Airport Cards where made and BENH did
> the 1st hack to the kernel ... That is LONG ago.
>
> The fact that you can NOT get it working, won't say it is YDL's problem.
> You just need to configure it right.
>
> We know there was a problem on the graphical airport/network config tool.
> To get around this, just edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
> and put the right stuff in there. Lots of examples all over the place.
>
> Airport works great.
>
> Eddie

> <snip>

Airport works great on most machines, Eddie, but not all, it appears.  I'd
be the first to admit stupidity, believe me -- particularly if it would
help.  However, I've tried it all at least three times.  The BSD test
installation (to test the hardware against "standards") was actually done
by another engineer to keep my influences out of it. As I said, it would
not work either.  I have no problem setting up wireless on my Red Hat 9
Intel box.

Over a month ago I sent all my config logs to YDL to help them find the
issue when I learned they were going to spend some time on it.  I
understand they had some success and Kai said to stand by for news on this
matter.  That's what I'm doing -- one reason I'm monitoring the lists.
I'm waiting patiently, I might add.  I'm not bugged by this at all; have
no bad thoughts about YDL.

George