[yellowdog-announce] Terra Soft's Yellow Dog Linux Ships with Motorola's Sandpoint: Press Release 2003 10/21

Mike Murphree yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Oct 21 12:31:01 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 09:43:01AM -0600, Media Relations wrote:
> TERRA SOFT SOLUTIONS' YELLOW DOG LINUX SHIPS WITH MOTOROLA'S SANDPOINT
> EVALUATION BOARD FOR POWERPC(r) PROCESSOR PLATFORMS
>
> Loveland, Colorado -- 21 October 2003 -- Terra Soft Solutions, Inc., the
> leading developer of integrated PowerPC Linux solutions, today announced that
> its Yellow Dog Linux is shipping with Motorola's Sandpoint evaluation board
> as part of an enhanced system package for Motorola PowerPC(r) processor-based
> systems.

<SNIP>

> The Sandpoint evaluation system provides an example that can be used in
> designing other systems based on implementations of the PowerPC instruction
> set architecture, and a platform for developing and debugging Linux and other
> software for these processors and associated bridge chips.
>
> The motherboard inside the Sandpoint evaluation system is an ATX form factor
> with PCI Mezzanine (PMC) connectors that accept a processor module. Each PMC
> includes at least 64MByte of SDRAM. 'DINK32' debug monitor software is also
> provided with the system.

<SNIP>

Interesting announcement, does it work with the slightly older but similar
Motorola Yellowknife boards?   I already have a couple of those...

What is being used for a bootloader as DINK32 is somewhat limited in its
capabilities?

Mike