CD Writer

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 22 13:16:01 2003

I tossed this Question out last week and thought I'd give it another
whirl.

Recently popped a TEAC CD-W54E CD RW drive into my machine.I have 4
drives in my machine now (7500 604e/200 processor):

/dev/sda - a 1 gig hfs transfer SCSI HDD
/dev/hde - an 80 gig ATA/IDE HDD partitioned for OS 9.1 and YDL
/dev/hdg - the TEAC CD-W54E CD RW drive
/dev/scd0 - Apple SCSI CD-ROM

Kudzu detects the TEAC as a CD-ROM. It created a /mnt/cdrom1 dir and the
following line in my fstab file:

/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

It works fine on the Mac (9.1) side, works fine on my wintel machine,
but I can't get it going here with YDL

gave "cdrecord -scanbus" a try, but it only recognizes my SCSI bus, and
the drive is an ATA/IDE gizmo.

Can anyone point me in a direction or link to fix this so that I can
write to the TEAC?