CD Writer

Geoffrey S. Mendelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 22 13:54:01 2003

mascarasnake wrote:
> I tossed this Question out last week and thought I'd give it another
> whirl.
>
> Recently popped a TEAC CD-W54E CD RW drive into my machine.I have 4
> drives in my machine now (7500 604e/200 processor):
>
> /dev/sda - a 1 gig hfs transfer SCSI HDD
> /dev/hde - an 80 gig ATA/IDE HDD partitioned for OS 9.1 and YDL
> /dev/hdg - the TEAC CD-W54E CD RW drive
> /dev/scd0 - Apple SCSI CD-ROM

The problem is that cdrecord only will record on SCSI devices, not IDE.
This can be fixed by telling the kernel to make your IDE drive an emulated
(virtual) scsi device.

You add the following to your boot parameters:

 	hdg=ide-scsi

This will create an emulated (virtual) SCSI device using /dev/hdg.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm@mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: geoffrey_mendelson@hotmail.com (Not for email)