installing newer kernel in YDL 3.0, which .config?

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Oct 27 13:51:01 2003

Newsman, that is great, it works!
This is the kind of moment that linux is all about.
[together with the long hours beforehand where nothing works
but at least you learn patience and attention to detail...]

> Second, I recommend using the 2.4.22 kernel source with the ben2 patch
> (worked
> great for me). Both can be downloaded from kernel.org.
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/linux-2.4.22.tar.bz2
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/benh/patch-2.4.22-ben2.gz

The BenH patch makes all the difference. Without the patch,
make modules failed. With it, everything works. [I took the
old .config file from /boot, gave the default answer to every
question in make oldconfig, used make xconfig to add built in
support for hfs and hfsplus...].

Thanks
Richard