Restoring yaboot

Michael H. Martel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 29 11:11:01 2003

Hello!

I set my Blue and White g3 up to Multi Boot OS9/OSX/YDL3.0 .  WOrks great.

This morning I did a bad thing. :-(  I changed my startup disk in Mac OSX
so I could boot OS 9.  Bad bad bad.  WHat was I thinking ?  Now I need to
get yaboot back.

I think that what I want to do is to boot off the install cd, get to a
prompt, mount my / file system and run ybin with my config file.

Alternatively I guess I can just re-install YDL, though I hate doing that
since I just got it setup the way I like it.  If I have to go that route,
does 3.0.1 buy me anything different than 3.0 with all the updates ?

Thanks!

Michael

--

   Michael H. Martel              | Systems Administrator