Restoring yaboot

Michael H. Martel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 29 11:36:01 2003

--On Wednesday, October 29, 2003 12:17 PM -0600 Tim Shubitz
<tshubitz@mac.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>     Zap your PRAM. Works like a charm.

I don't think it will, but it's a good idea.  If I remember rigght, which
is always questionable, this would work if my Bootstrap partition was
BEFORE my OS9/OSX partitions.  However my partitions are like this :

	os9 - osx - bootstrap - ydl

So, what I did was boot off the install CD, and at the boot prompt typed in:

	linux root=/dev/hda11

And voila. Booted off my ydl install. From there, quick trip to the shell
and "ybin -v" and it's all fixed.

Many thanks!

Michael

--

   Michael H. Martel              | Systems Administrator