smp and os 9

Harold Shanafield yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 29 12:52:01 2003

Hi,

I am running an old pm9500mp.  It's old world and uses
bootx.  I accidently deleted the wrong partition and
lost the 8.5 system.  Since I only had a copy of 9.0,
I reinstalled the mac system and copied the
appropriate files back and forth.  Now, when I boot
the smp kernel only uses one processor.  Does anybody
know how to enable the second processor, or does
anybody know where I can get a copy of the 8.5 system
folder.  I haven't been able to find anybody selling
8.5 inexpensively.

Thanks,
Harold