libmysqlclient.so.10

Michael Baer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 30 17:33:01 2003

    John> Last night, I reinstalled YDL 3.0 as workstation instead of
    John> server. I lost mySQL doing this, and as I explained in an
    John> earlier post today, Yum isn't working so I couldn't download
    John> the set of packages I need to reinstall mySQL (so I could
    John> apply the advice I got from some of you about starting mySQL
    John> back in the good old days when I had mySQL installed).

    John> Anyway, I started dragging packages off my installer CDs and
    John> started manually working my way through the dependencies. I
    John> got stuck at libmysqlclient.so.10, which I couldn't find on
    John> the CDs and doesn't appear as a standalone ppc rpm anywhere
    John> I could find.

I have it on my machine and according to 'rpm -q --whatprovides
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0', it is provided by
mysql-3.23.54a-4.

I don't remember for sure if I updated to mysql-3.23.54a via yum or
not, but it either came from yum or the install CD. It should be
available somewhere on the ydl website.

Mike

--
ydl@mikesoffice.com