Everything is pink

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Oct 31 13:21:00 2003

"Option "CrtcNumber" "1"   concerns me, I don't have enough money to
buy an LCD monitor for my own use, but your monitor is listed as a
CRT, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Now, I have an applevision 17"
monitor and had the same problem until I ran Xautoconfig.  And the
pink 256 color problem went away.  Run Xautoconfig from the CMD line
and let us know what happens....  Good luck.....

--- Charles Trois <charles.trois@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Sorry I let this message go when still incomplete.
>
> Norberto,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I note that your question seems to concern
> XF86,
> although the trouble occurs before it is in operation. At any rate,
> here is
> the relevant excerpt of /etc/XF86Config:
>
> Section "Device"
>     # no known options
>     Option "CrtcNumber" "1"
>     Identifier   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
>         Driver       "nv"
>         VendorName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
>         BoardName     "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
>
>         #BusID
> EndSection
>
> It seems that the driver in use is not fbdev. I am awaiting your
> comments.
>
> Charles

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar