White iBook 700Mhz installation problem.

George H. Yeager yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Sep 1 10:28:01 2003

Michael Kalus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem during the install of Yellow Dog 3.0, the problem seems
> to be rather simple yet profound.
>
> At one point he asks me to insert disc 2 (or 3), all fine but
> unfortunatly the installer doesn't seem to eject the disc, and the eject
> button doesn't work, has anybody here had a similar problem and found a
> work around or is my iBook broken? (The reason I want to go to YellowDog
> is that I cannot boot the iBook in X anymore as it will only come up in
> safe mode, despite the HW test showing clean).
<snip>

Michael:

I did not have this problem (white iBook 800MHz), although it took me a
while to figure out that F12 was the release button.  Also, my OS X
partition is working fine.

Have you tried the "paper clip" hole to release the CD door (upper right
hand corner of the door on mine)?  Maybe it will work after the install
is colmplete?

George