Preferred DVD playing app?

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Sep 2 07:46:01 2003

Stephen Hocking wrote :

> Just wondering what apps people used to play DVDs under YDL - I have a
> 700MHz white iBook, with a DVD/CDRW drive.

If you want a quick overview of what's available, you can skim through this
page : http://freshrpms.net/docs/dvd/

All of those are available as Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 package from
http://freshrpms.net/ too.

My current choice is to use Ogle for everything but interlaced streams, for
which I use MPlayer using its nice post-processing filter ("-vop pp=lb" or
with the latest CVS versions "-vf pp=lb").

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030825 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.15 0.27 0.23